- MySQL support for the fastest speeds
- Built-in ASCII database — in case you don't have MySQL or DBM access
- Fully open code — no encryption used
- The best looking default template offered by any cart
- Built-in templating system — easy to configure HTML pages
- Tabbed admin interface — makes navigation easy and fast in the WebStore Manager
- Hilighting of table rows on mouse over — visually improves navigation
- Custom SSL Port can be specified
- Wholesale minimum order
- Retail minimum order
- Free shipping minimum
- Choose the currency symbol and separator for any country/region
- Currency precision (number of decimal places)
of currency symbol (before or after amount)
- Insert commas or periods in currency output
- Send notification e-mails to: 1) fulfillment house,
2) customer, and 3) yourself
- Choose Database type: DBM / MySQL / ASCII
- Inventory Tracking
- Timezone Support — applies correct time to orders even if your server is in different timezone than your business
- Customer order notification e-mail
- Fulfillment notification e-mail
- Download confirmation e-mail
- Lost password e-mail
- All e-mails can be easily edited and support TEXT, HTML, and XML
- Selectable Mime types and email server
- E-mail templates automatically updated when
calcs are added/modified
- Multiple 'To:' email addresses are supported
- Show categories as breadcrumb trail
- Show sub-categories
as headers (groups results by sub-categories)
- Show category icons — can include image with each category
- CSS driven — easily add to, modify, or change existing CSS attributes in the admin section
- Show shipping rates before customer enters their personal information
- Quickly add items to a cart with the Quick Add Item feature.
- Pay by credit card, eCheck, PayPal, or paper check
- Payment form is automatically
loaded based on payment type
(customization may be necessary for certain gateways)
- Send customer to viewcart page when an item is added to their cart, or keep them on the page they were on and show a message
- Figure shipping based on as few as 2 fields on viewcart page
Powerful Calculation Engine:
- Built-in — no plugin necessary.
- Unlimited — write as many calcs as you need. There's no limit!
- Apply Calculations To: Retail, Wholesale, or All customers. This allows you to pinpoint exactly who the calculation should apply to.
- Lookup calculations have been re-tooled.
Most common example is where the shipping zone is looked up based on
the customer's postal code. The zone is then used as the "cross-type" of
a weight calculation to generate the shipping.
- UPS Zones and Rates lookup tables available
- Add to subtotal calculation options: before tax, as tax, after
tax, inclusive and no-add
- Global shipping calcs, plus shipping costs for individual items let you tailor the cart to the way you do business
- Percent of:
- order subtotal — based on cart total only
- order taxable total — sum of cart taxable items only
- pre-tax subtotal — cart total plus any pre-tax calcs
- pre-tax taxable total
- after tax subtotal — cart total + pretax calcs + tax calcs
- after tax taxable total
(With this system, shipping & handling calcs can be included before or after tax)
- Sell downloadable digital products
- Products can be given a minimum quantity
- Can search for items by Product ID, Description, or both — helps to narrow down search results.
- Time-Limited Specials — you can have sale prices
that expire on a certain date.
- Custom Options — Enter "custom" in
first option line after the option name, and the program will
ask the customer to enter their own personalized text during checkout.
- Cost Field — for admin
- Hide from search results - products will not appear
to customers (but can still be accessed from a link)
- Tax exempt items
- Hazardous shipping option
- 4 separate price tiers for Retail, Wholesale, Members
and Specials — this allows for different price break tiers for the various groups.
- Straight — A number by itself
is applied to all shipping types.
- Straight Tiered — quantity tiers
- Straight * Quantity — add * after the amount to multiply amount by qty
- Shipping Type-Specific — comma-separated specific shipping types
10,UPS: 3*,FedEx: 4*
+,UPS: 4*,FedEx: 5*
This example would add 3 times the quantity for UPS orders
up to qty 10,
4 times qty for FedEx orders up to 10, etc.
- No limit to the number of items a customer can add to their cart at one time
- Easily add custom fields to the Products database
- Cascading categories menu — hilighted category is a different color that the rest.
- Unlimited sub-categories — you can add as many categories and sub-categories as you need.
- Bulk uploading of categories — most other carts don't have this feature.
- Sort Priority Field — to specify the order categories appear in
- Hide From List — prevents categories from showing
up in the menu.
- Category Image — for use in Category Icon search results.
HTML — shows below category name displaying special information
about a category.
- Date Window — show daily, weekly, monthly, or
specific date range.
- Show Sales Totals — generates summaries for date
window queried. Useful for sales reports, tax reports, payment account reports,
- Show all orders for a specific customer.
- Add custom fields to the Orders database.
- View ship-to addresses on a map using Google Maps.
- "Free shipping" coupons
- Gift Certificates
- Discount Coupons
- In-store Credits
- Easily add custom fields to the coupons database
- Add To Wish List link appears when customers log
into their account (optional).
- The "HotItemMessage" field adds
a blurb to the sidebar Featured Item view. This field can contain text
- The featured item toggle is now included in the catalog database instead
of a separate file.
- Tax Exempt (can be used with either Retail or Wholesale customers)
- Easily add custom fields to the Customers database
- Verify bill-to and ship-to addresses, plus Zip Codes, using the USPS.com verification system
See our Top 10 reasons to choose SurfShop.