Two more questions.

Have a question about how SurfShop™ works? Post it here.

Moderator: frankjan

SeedGrower
anti_spam: No

Two more questions.

Post by SeedGrower » Oct 07, 2009 9:00 am

On Calculations--shipping cost.

Is it possible to have a shipping table that will charge a shipping fee on orders under a minimum, say $10.00, and then no charge on amounts over that minimum.

I tried this in calculations,

+,0.00

I really don't understand the logic behind the calculation table, so I was just taking a wild guess on how to implement this calculation.

On Check-out options.

I want a new shipping type, Pay-Pal Invoice. I want the customer to be able to complete the order as if it were to be mailed to me with a check. After I receive the order I will email them a paypal invoice for the total.

I would like to also use Paypal as a payment type, but my own experience as a Paypal customer is that even if my payment options are set to include a credit card, sometimes Paypal still tries to take the money out of my checking account. No doubt I set this up wrong, but if it can cause me a problem, it can also happen to the customer.

If I am sent a Paypal invoice by the vendor, I can Pay by credit card without having a Paypal Account.

So in the Check-Out Options/Payment form HTML, I checked the box for "Allow other forms of Payment" with the label "Paypal Invoice". I

I substituted the line

<form method="post" action="<! secure>" name="paymentForm">

in place of the line

<form action="https://xxx" method="post"><!-- Add the secure gateway address here. -->

Where the payment form input area.

This worked without any problems in terms of accepting the order when logged in as a practice customer.
However, in the Web Store Manager--Order List, the order does not show up.

Again, I was just guessing as to how to proceed on this. What did I leave out?

Thanks again

SeedGrower.

frankjan
Site Admin

Re: Two more questions.

Post by frankjan » Oct 07, 2009 9:51 am

SeedGrower wrote:Is it possible to have a shipping table that will charge a shipping fee on orders under a minimum, say $10.00, and then no charge on amounts over that minimum.
You want this:

Code: Select all

+,0
... which is to say - up to $10.00 charge $3.00, above that charge $0.00.
I want a new shipping type, Pay-Pal Invoice. I want the customer to be able to complete the order as if it were to be mailed to me with a check. After I receive the order I will email them a paypal invoice for the total.
Have you tried using 'Pay By Mail'?
This worked without any problems in terms of accepting the order when logged in as a practice customer.
However, in the Web Store Manager--Order List, the order does not show up.
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. If the order wasn't registered in the Order List, what do you mean by it worked when logged in?
Frank Jance
SurfShop Forum Admin

Setting Up Shop Has Never Been Easier!

SeedGrower

Post by SeedGrower » Oct 07, 2009 10:33 am

Frank,

When logging into the Front-End/Demo-store as a practice customer, I placed an order with the "Paypal Invoice" as Payment type.

The system generated an order with the cart id 0000000059. But the order did not show up in the order list.

All I want is for the customer to be able to easily notify me if he wants to be sent a Paypal Invoice. It would be ok to use "Pay-by-mail" as a payment type if I could use an extra field called "Send-me-an-Invoice", as long as this new field would show up in my "Order List" report with a flag in the field to show me which orders need this action taken.

Thanks,

SeedGrower

frankjan
Site Admin

Post by frankjan » Oct 07, 2009 11:15 am

SeedGrower wrote:The system generated an order with the cart id 0000000059. But the order did not show up in the order list.
Check the Force Complete section in the admin (from the pull down menu). It could be stuck there. That can happen if there is a problem with payment for an order.

To accomplish what you want to do, you'll need to duplicate the 'pay by mail' form in the 'pay by other' form. Make sure you have all the appropriate fields in the 'other' section, like this (make any changes for your setup):

Code: Select all

<! if:PmtType:eq:Other>
<form method="post" action="<! secure>" name="payByOtherForm">
  <input type="hidden" name="ud" value="<! ud>">
  <input type="hidden" name="PmtType" value="<! PmtType>">
  <input type="hidden" name="c" value="receipt.htm">
  <input type="hidden" name="<! ss_appfield>" value="<! ss_approved>">
  <input type="hidden" name="storeid" value="<! storeid>">
    <! iff:shipping_needs_recalculation:eq:0><input type="button" value="    Finalize Order!    " name="processTransaction" onclick="this.disabled=true; this.form.submit();"><! /iff>
    <! iff:shipping_needs_recalculation:eq:1>
    <div class="text-highlight-strong" align="center">Your shipping option is no longer available.<br>Please recalculate.<br><input type="button" name="Submit" value="Recalculate" class="text-small" onclick="document.shippingForm.submit()"></div>
    <! /iff>
</form>
<! if>
All I want is for the customer to be able to easily notify me if he wants to be sent a Paypal Invoice. It would be ok to use "Pay-by-mail" as a payment type if I could use an extra field called "Send-me-an-Invoice", as long as this new field would show up in my "Order List" report with a flag in the field to show me which orders need this action taken.
You can add extra fields to the different db tables, but not in the demo.
Frank Jance
SurfShop Forum Admin

SeedGrower

Post by SeedGrower » Oct 07, 2009 12:25 pm

Frank,

The issue with the "Payment Type - Other" seeds to be resolved after posting the code that you suggested.

The calculation problem is not. With the new code --

+,0

there is no shipping fee added for order either above or below $10.00.

Thanks,

SeedGrower

frankjan
Site Admin

Post by frankjan » Oct 07, 2009 1:14 pm

SeedGrower wrote: With the new code --
+,0
there is no shipping fee added for order either above or below $10.00.
I took a look at your calc and you have it set up incorrectly. You chose the calc type of '_field' and selected by State, but you have no States listed, so it will fail. If you want only certain States to have this charge, then you need to list them in the Tests,Values field. However, if this shipping charge is across the board, then the calc type should be by '_subtotal' only, since the calc you mentioned is based on the subtotal amount being over $10.00.

Take a look at this page of the wiki for detailed explanation of the calcs: http://www.surfshopcart.com/dokuwiki/do ... lculations, specifically "Example 4: Shipping by Subtotal".
Frank Jance
SurfShop Forum Admin

SeedGrower

Post by SeedGrower » Oct 07, 2009 1:42 pm

This seems to be working now, too.

On to test more features.

Many thanks,

SeedGrower