Delivery module

Share your thoughts about the program, or just talk to other SurfShop™ users.

Moderator: frankjan

davewebwalker

Delivery module

Post by davewebwalker » Apr 04, 2009 6:29 am

I am already using custom shipping calculations to work out shipping rates for customers using the shipping cost estimator and it works great.

Is it possible with Surfshop Pro 1.4.6a to add a dropdown selection box on the info page which allows customers to select a delivery date for shipping, and if the next day is selected to add a fixed price to the cart total? All other available dates would not incur a charge.
The dropdown would be populated with available dates covering maybe the forthcoming 9 days for selection. I think I can write the javascript code to display the dropdown, but how do I add a value to the cart total?

I have already successfully coded an area calculator that changes the quantity field for items using javascript, and it works excellently with Surfshop Pro.

An example can be seen here:- http://www.greenvaleturf.com Turf or Soil Products

Any help would be much appreciated.

frankjan
Site Admin

Re: Delivery module

Post by frankjan » Apr 04, 2009 11:17 am

davewebwalker wrote: I think I can write the javascript code to display the dropdown, but how do I add a value to the cart total?
You would probably have to add a field to your database for that extra charge and then tie that into the total amount, but that sounds like a lot of work.

It seems to me that the simplest thing to do would be to use SurfShop's shipping calcs and make one for next day delivery and another for regular shipping. SurfShop would then display a drop down menu for the customer to choose from.
Frank Jance
SurfShop Forum Admin

Setting Up Shop Has Never Been Easier!