SurfShop 1.4.6 Update

Check here for announcements and special messages. Information on software updates, security issues and messages about this forum can be found here.

Moderator: frankjan

frankjan
Site Admin

SurfShop 1.4.6 Update

Post by frankjan » Nov 04, 2008 5:13 pm

Fixes:
  • The double dash (--) in calculations now works properly. Here's an example of this powerful function:

Let's say I ship product via UPS from my warehouse and I don't want customers in my local area to be able to select UPS Air freight for their shipments, since it will not benefit them and only cost them more. So, I put a -- for all the Zip Codes close to my warehouse in the zone calcs for UPS 2nd Day Air and Next Day Air, and now the pull-down shipping menu will only show UPS Ground for those customers.
  • Made the viewcart page more powerful. It now includes fields for Country, State/Province and Zip/Postal Code, and can now calculate shipping before customers have to enter their complete shipping address. Shipping cost is displayed in a pull-down menu showing all available shipping types for the customer. Also, these fields are only displayed if there are items in the cart. Much more user friendly.
  • The tabbed navigation bar in the admin section now highlights the tab for the current page that you're on. Nice eye candy!
  • Added code to prevent a customer from clicking on the Check Out buttons more than once. Helps prevent multiple orders and/or possible corrupt information from being passed to the next screen.
  • Credit card expiration date years have been updated on the checkout templates.
  • You can now add pop-up tooltips to graphics, links, and/or text anywhere on your site. The included JavaScript is linked in the SurfShop files and is easily called with one line of code, i.e.:

Code: Select all

a onmouseover="Tip('Some text')" onmouseout="UnTip()" href="index.htm">My home page</a>
  • Added a pop-up calendar to the admin section to make selecting and entering dates much faster. Choose from American, European, or MySQL date formats.