Having problems with Calculations

SurfShopPRO™ has a powerful new calculation engine. Have you done something special with it? Share your calculation here. Or if you need help with a calc, ask away!

Moderator: frankjan

Goddess

Having problems with Calculations

Post by Goddess » Feb 25, 2005 12:30 am

I'm using v 7_407

In the Web Store Manager, I have added individual flat rate shipping charges for each item.  The flat rate applies to each item order (but it's a different flat rate per different item).

This is how I have it configured.

PRODUCT DETAIL (page)
Shipping: 30.00*
Restricted Shipping Methods:  Flat Rate
---

This used to work in the older version but no longer works in the newer one.    What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Goddess

Post by Goddess » Feb 25, 2005 12:38 am

Now here's a WEIRD thing.

I added an equal sign to "Shipping" in the Product Detail area of the Web Store Manager.

=30.00*

At the checkout, it shows (2 of this item):

The 'My Product' *ITEM01*
$100.00
$200.00

Click the button below to complete your order.

You will receive a confirmation email with a mailing address for your payment.

Subtotal: $200.00
Flat Rate $60.00
Sales Tax $0.00
Order Total: $200.00
---

The flat rate total is correct and is showing, but is not showing in the ORDER TOTAL.

When I clicked CHECKOUT and got the receipt, it still doesn't show the correct total (Flat Rate shipping is missing).  It just shows the $200.

How do I fix this?

As mentioned, each of my items have a different flat rate shipping charge.

Thank you.

Goddess

Post by Goddess » Feb 25, 2005 1:08 am

One more configuration I have that might help you help me.

In the Calculations Admin area. I have

Calc Name: Flat Rate
Sort Order: 3
Calc Type: _field
Cross: None
By Field: Choose
Cross Tests: (blank)
Tests, Values % of: Not a percentage
Add to Subtotal: Before Tax
Lookup: Choose One
This is a Shipping Type:  CHECKED
Show in totals at checkout: CHECKED

Everything else blank.
---

I have tried many different configurations but haven't been able to find the one that works.

Your help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you!

frankjan
Site Admin

Re: Having problems with Calculations

Post by frankjan » Mar 01, 2005 9:33 am

Goddess wrote:I'm using v 7_407

Code: Select all

PRODUCT DETAIL (page)
Restricted Shipping Methods:  Flat Rate
This used to work in the older version but no longer works in the newer one.    What am I doing wrong?
This feature was changed for version 7 and higher.  You no longer want to select the Restricted Shipping Method.

I apologize for the long delay.  We've had some problems with the phpBB forum lately, and will be upgrading to the latest version in hopes to fix them.
Frank Jance
SurfShop Forum Admin

Setting Up Shop Has Never Been Easier!

Goddess

Post by Goddess » Mar 01, 2005 10:59 am

I'm sorry but that didn't work.

The "Flat Rate" wasn't highlighted in the Product Detail (just FYI).  I tried to remove it but it wouldn't delete so I went and removed it from the Calculations area.  Now it no longer shows up in the Product detail (as Restricted Shipping).

So I went and did a test checkout.  And now, no shipping whatsoever is showing up.

Can you please tell me how to get this to work?  

As I explained before, each item has an individual flat rate shipping rate.  It's not based on weight, zip code or anything else.

Thank you.

frankjan
Site Admin

Post by frankjan » Mar 01, 2005 1:06 pm

If you have a flat rate for shipping that is different for every item, then it must go in the Shipping field on the products detail page.  See this page for more info:

http://www.surfshopcart.com/ss7docs/wik ... g_Products

Also, I believe you need at least one shipping calc for the cart to work properly [newer versions don't, but I forgot which version that it changed].  Just make a shipping calc and enter a "0" in the Tests,Values field.  Then the shipping charge that you entered on the product page will be added to the $0.00 shipping calc, and the total should be correct.

For more help on calculations, see this page:

http://www.surfshopcart.com/ss7docs/wik ... lculations
Frank Jance
SurfShop Forum Admin

Goddess

Post by Goddess » Mar 01, 2005 3:09 pm

Frank,

Thanks for responding but I guess we are not understanding each other.  Let me try again.

1.  All of our items are shipped at a different flat rate.  This flat rate *is* listed in the Products area.   As I gave in the example in my first message above 4 days ago.

PRODUCT DETAIL (page)

2.  Previous, I had Restricted Shipping set at : Flat Rate (Calc).  This displayed the flat shipping rate for the product at checkout BUT did not add the shipping to the TOTAL.

3.  I removed the Flat Rate Calc per your suggestion.  Then NO shipping showed up whatsoever at checkout.

4.  Now you suggested I re-add a Shipping Calc.  I did so.  I left everything blank except the Calc Name (added "Flat Rate") and in the Test, Values box, I added "0" as you instructed.   Shipping does not show up whatsoever at checkout.

I have read all the support materials on your website MANY times now.  None of it helps.  As I have said, shipping is set at a different flat rate per item (this is in the Products area).  I'm not using weight, zip or other options (which is what your support pages have information about).

Can you please help me solve this?

Thank you.

We did not have a problem with this in the old version.

Goddess

Post by Goddess » Mar 01, 2005 3:36 pm

I have tried all sorts of combinations now, to no avail.

Here is one from the support pages that I tried and doesn't work (the shipping isn't showing up whatsoever).
  • Calc Name: Flat Rate
    Calc Type: quantity
    Sort Order: 3
    Cross Type: quantity
    By Field: (blank)
    Tests, Values: +,30.00*
    % of: Not a percentage
    Add to Subtotal: After tax

I have tired many other combinations of the above as well.

frankjan
Site Admin

Post by frankjan » Mar 01, 2005 3:52 pm

Try this, instead:
  • Calc Name: Flat Rate
    Sort Order: (blank)
    Calc Type: _subtotal
    Cross Type: None
    By Field: (blank)
    Tests, Values: (blank)
    % of: Not a percentage
    Add to Subtotal: (any choice you want)
Also, make sure that you have "This is a Shipping Type" checked.  If not, it won't show up at check out.
You may want to try removing the asterisk in this field.  Since it's a flat rate, just enter the dollar amount you want charged.

If none of this helps, we'll need to look at your installation.
Frank Jance
SurfShop Forum Admin

frankjan
Site Admin

Post by frankjan » Mar 01, 2005 4:05 pm

I think I may have stumbled across something in my notes.  There was an early version(s) of 7.4 that had a bug where the shipping rate from the product detail page was not added to the total.  This could very well be your problem.

I don't recognize you by your screen name, so please contact me via e-mail about upgrading your copy of SurfShop.  Click the email button below, in my post.
Frank Jance
SurfShop Forum Admin

Goddess

Post by Goddess » Mar 01, 2005 5:17 pm

I just want to say that I"m really fed up with your shopping cart.  BUG after BUG after BUG.

All this time wasted over and over again trying to get your cart to work.

I REFUSE to pay another upgrade fee for a product that has not worked correctly since I purchased it over a year ago!

frankjan
Site Admin

Post by frankjan » Mar 02, 2005 9:51 am

I didn't say you had to pay for the upgrade.  You very well could qualify for a free upgrade from your version.  As I said before, I don't recognize you by your screen name, so please contact me via e-mail about upgrading your copy of SurfShop.  We want all of our customers to be satisfied customers.

-----------------

For all older SurfShop customers who are following this thread, an apology and an explanation is in order.  Every update to SurfShop, from version 1.0 up through version 7.3, was a free update.  I'm not positive how many years that was, but I believe it was at least four.  Version 7.4 was an internal build and was never intended to be released.  However, it was inadvertently posted on the update web page.  That should not have happened and I sincerely apologize.

7.4.x was basically the beta for SurfShopPRO.  It was always meant to be a paid upgrade from versions 7.3 and earlier.  If you do not want to upgrade, then I'd recommend staying with version 7.3.725.  That was the last stable release - and the last free update from earlier versions.  Many customers have chosen to stay with 7.3.725 because it was, and still is, an excellent version.

If you do choose to upgrade, then the latest version includes everything listed on this page:
http://www.SurfShopCART.com/pages/pro.php  

Plus, we are hard at work on another update which will be free to all registered SurfShopPRO customers.

Will every upgrade be free from here on out?  Probably not.  But we do promise that no one will be left with a bug that is not fixed, and that all future paid upgrades will be well worth the cost.

I hope that this at least explains the situation.  If anyone has any questions or concerns regarding this, please e-mail me.
Frank Jance
SurfShop Forum Admin